Wednesday, December 12, 2007

On the road to recovery...

This has been a big week for me and the fam, but we are home now and doing great! As many of you know I had to visit the hospital on Monday to have some work done on my kidney. When mommy was still carrying me in her belly the doctors found fluid around my kidneys, before I was born my right kidney fixed itself but my left one still needed a little help. Even though it wasn't hurting me, it was time to fix me up!
I had something called a "UPJ obstruction", in baby terms this means a small part of the tube connecting my kidney to the bladder wasn't completely developed. So we went to Phoenix Children's Hospital and my new friend Dr. Bailey removed the small part of the tube that wasn't working. He then reconnected the tube back together and now hopefully my kidney will be fully functioning again! Aren't doctors amazing? They said over the next couple of months my kidney should heal back to 100% and you would never even know I had a problem!!
We are so glad to be back home and want to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers while we were at the hospital. Mom and dad said I was so calm and content through the whole thing and I know it was because of all the prayers from our loved ones. Thank you for loving me so much!
Here are a few pictures from my journey...
Just waking up from the surgery.

Lots of tubes, but they didn't bother me at all! I even liked putting a few in my mouth as the week went on.

I loved watching my heart monitor, the lines went up and down and if I kicked hard enough I could make it beep (because I could get the monitor off my toe!)

Sitting with mommy and making the nurses laugh. I loved making so many new friends. The nurses were so nice.


This is my favorite picture! Some of the Arizona Cardinal football players visited my room and brought me a teddy bear. My great-grandpoo, Grammie C. and Auntie Shelly are in the picture too. (Mommy and Daddy went to lunch, they were so sad they missed all the fun, boo-hoo.)

1 comment:

Ryan Harger said...

Coleman, we are so glad that you are okay after your surgery. I'm glad that you had fun playing with the heart monitor all the different sounds they make can be fun.